- Most understand and speak English
- especially the young and educated
- English is the second official language
- friendly, relaxed and always ready to help
- for the most part they are very poor but still happy
- from children, to old people – they all do something because they know they will be hungry if they do not take care of themselves.
- There is no employment office here to take care for lazy people and those who have been run over by time and there is also no social security, so everyone is doing something to survive.
- Although the people here are extremely friendly, I do not recommend any unnecessary arrogance and sublime or insulting people. Filipinos are proud people, they have a lot of Spanish blood in them, and if you blame them, this can end very badly.