Our friends who will be happy to welcome you if you wish
We can connect you with foreigners on the island as well as interesting Filipinos. The foreigners we hang out with are from America, England, France, Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Greece, and Belgium. Hanging out with them is interesting and rewarding because many people know our island much better than we do, and at the same time, their life stories are interesting about what led them to live on the other side of the world and why. They will be happy if you invite them for coffee, beer or a picnic and later they will also invite you to visit.
The cuisine we enjoy here
- Fresh fish in the village under our house (octopus, cuttlefish, shellfish of all kinds and various species of sea snails crabs and shrimps – the crab is prepared the same as lobsters and the shrimp the same as prawn)
- You can, of course, get all kinds of meat at the market or directly from the farmers – people here love the most lechon baboy (roast pig).
- A whole bunch of fresh seafood I don’t eat yet: sea urchins, weird fish, little fishes, and seaweed.
- Fresh locally grown vegetables,
- fresh tropical fruits; it’s also worth trying things you see for the first time.
- Coconuts – The water from them is excellent and extremely healthy.
- You can also try a variety of Filipino food, which I don’t exactly fall down on.